jueves, 3 de febrero de 2011

Apprentice at Eden Development

Here I am! I'm an apprentice at Eden Development :D I'm very happy to be here and I want to share this experience with you.

Apprenticeship and Eden
Even though Eden is all into the Software craftsmanship, Despo and I are their first full-time apprentices, so we'll improve the process as we walk the road :D We're going to do two month iterations with all Eden and one week iterations with Aimee (our mentor).

Apprentice expectations
Last monday, Chris and Aimee told us about the kind of things they're expecting from us.
  • Real world experience of client work
  • Ability to grasp complex logic
  • Confidence to change code (sometimes unattended)
  • Humility
  • Admitting to mistakes
  • A good grasp of TDD

Apprentice tasks
Apart from the expectations, they also told us some "mandatory" things, so I have a lot of homework :P

I must write one blog post every week. I don't really think that's going to be a problem given my previous internship ;) I'll try to write twice a week (once in English and once in Spanish)

I must give an Eden talk every month. Since all Eden talks are already booked until March, I'll do the first one on March 1st. The talk is titled "Javascript, I didn't know that!" and I'm going to do a javascript koans session.

I must do an apprenticeship ongoing project. I want to continue growing Let's walk the path together! I want it to be a useful resource for the spanish developer community so, if you want me to add some features just tell me about it. I also have to do a presentation about the project every two months (code review and retrospective included).

There is one more thing I have to do during my apprenticeship. I have to teach some technology to the edenites! I don't know yet what I'm going to do with that...

As you can see, I have a big challenge ahead!

1 comentario:

  1. Ei! Think you must teach some technology to them, but what about the kind of things you are going to learn!!

    Again: Envy.

    Good luck!! ;D

    ResponderEliminar